What Is Home Staging?
A “staged home” is furnished similar to a new model home. Most model homes are well decorated and look inviting and livable. Consider how model homes are used to sell new homes that don’t yet exist.
The best way to make a buyer “feel at home” is to create an environment similar to that found in a model home. Obviously you cannot create a perfect display home but there are some valuable techniques we apply when staging a home.
Staged homes fulfill a fantasy of the way Buyer’s would like to live. We strive to provide that same fantasy for Buyers in your home. By showing attention to detail, understanding the Buyer’s desire to visualize your home, and installing furnishing that enhance the positives of the home, we can dramatically increase the salability of your home.
Most model homes are well decorated; they look inviting and livable. They fulfill a fantasy of the way many buyers would like to live. We strive to provide that same fantasy for Buyers in your home.
Sellers usually know what they like best of their home. It is usually what they saw that made them want to buy or it’s something they added to make their home more appealing. We stage the home to make the Buyers linger in that special space!
Over 90% of buyers select the top five properties they want to tour from online photos.
How are your photos?
If potential Buyers and their Realtors are not interested in your home from the photos, they will not even view your home! How are your photos online?
Is staging a home worth the investment? Statistically yes
- One in five properties are now staged, and for good reason.
- Staged homes typically yield 12 percent more than comparable non-staged properties
- Staged homes sell twice as fast.
Objectives for Home Staging
The Buyer’s first impression is a key factor in selling your home. A potential buyer has made up their mind within 15 seconds after they enter the front door. They are already forming an opinion as they pulled in the driveway.
When staging, we strive to:
- Maximum showings! Have amazing photos for online marketing that will make potential buyers (and neighbors) drool!
- Provide human scale, proportion and establish the flow of the home.
- Make the home more contemporary, clean and, up to date, and house is move in ready!
- Highlight the home’s strengths and downplays weaknesses to appeal to the greatest possible range of Buyers
- Buyers can visualize living there as their home.
- Make the home feel more expensive and well taken care of.
- Sell the home faster
- Bring out the personality of the home!
- Present the home in the best possible light when first listed for sale.
- Maximum return on Seller’s investment
- Sellers usually know what they like best about their home. It is what made them buy it or what they added to make their home more appealing. Staging helps make the buyers linger in your home to appreciate that special space.
- Maximum return on Seller’s investment
Over 92% OF LISTINGS STAGED BY LORETTA NELSON SELL WITHIN 90 DAYS
when staged at the outset.
Loretta Nelson/ Foothills Design
- Is a Professional Interior Designer as well a Home Stager
- Has over 30 years of experience in interior and architectural design, construction and remodeling, model home furnishing, and the art of preparing a home for sale in Tucson
- Owns all her interior furnishings so no rental furnishings will be installed.
- 30 homes of inventory to pull from to enhance homes interior architecture.
- Will make a notable first impression by “upstaging your competition”.
If you have questions regarding staging your home or listing, please contact me.
I would be more than happy to assist you in formulating a winning strategy for staging your home sold.
Top 10 Reasons to Stage a Listing:
- Faster sales time
- Higher price
- Great listing tool
- Market advantage over non-staged homes & non-staging agents
- Attract a broader range of buyers (staged homes are more appealing and recognized as the best properties to see)
- Buyers view staged homes as well-cared-for properties
- Building inspectors view staged homes as well-cared for properties
- Appraisers are more likely to appraise staged homes at full value
- Professional image: staged homes feel more expensive & look better in print and advertising
- Buyers and sellers will see you as a quality agent who wants to present a quality product on the market
If you have questions regarding staging your home or listing, please contact me. I would be more than happy to assist you in formulating a winning strategy for staging your home. Please see the testimonials section as well.